Sunday, April 1, 2012

My Wiki experience

I enjoyed exploring the book lovers wiki; it is easy to navigate, colourful and clearly set out. I also had a look at the "library success: A Best Practices Wiki", which looks like a wikipedia page and seems to provide a lot of  subheadings and links, but is not very appealing. When I went to edit and add a page on the Extendinformation literacy skills wiki I found it very easy and straight forward. The wiki provides great benefits as an organisational tool, as it makes it very  easy to share and exchange information and resources. I especially enjoyed the video and can see that if your are organising something within a workplace or even amongst a group of friends (whether it is an event, morning tea or an information session), the wiki would be an ideal tool to use. Within the polytech library, a wiki could contain book, video and website reviews for different genres, a learning center (where people can ask questions, look up information or make suggestions for training or learning sessions), a suggestion box and of course a social tab. I am sure there are a lot more things that could be added, but this is all I can think of at the moment.

1 comment:

  1. You have thought up some great uses of the wiki Daniela and I must say that I always enjoy reading your posts. You have some thoughtful and insightful contributions to make.

    ReplyDelete